Tsunami Helping Hands Survey / Evaluation / Action Plan
Tsunami Relief Fund Contributors
Vasudevan Govindaraj - $150 USD
Ramamoorthy Swaminathan - $27.00 USD
kanchala gopikrishnan - $25.00 USD
Rajkumar Thottikalai -$50.00 USD
krishnan radhakrishnan - $50.00 USD
Sydney Sriram - $75.00 + $50 USD
HIDETOSHI YASUDA - $300.00 USD
Tinhtoo - $31.00 USD
Prabakar Subramaniam - $100.00 USD
Gunasekar Natarajan - $50.00 USD
Murugesan Rathinasabapathy - $100.00 USD
Manoharan Selvaraj - $100.00 USD
Murugan Palani - $101.00 USD
Premkumar Muthuvairan - $50.00 USD
Srikant Raghavachari - $50.00 USD
Muthukumar Gangadaran - $20.00 USD
Rafimalick Mohideen - $100.00 USD
HIDETOSHI YASUDA (Rajinikanth Fanclub Japan NARA branch) - $300.00 USD
Thinakar - $50.00 USD
HIDETOSHI YASUDA Japanese Fans Club - 50,000 Japanese Yen (20000 INR)
Lokesh - 1,125.00
Mohan Pradeep $9 USD
Bharath Kumar $30 USD
Sendil Kumar Rathninasabapathy - Rs.10,000/-
P.Balasubramani - Rs.1000
Sundar - Rs.200
Bharath Kumar Balasubramanian - USD $30
Sridhar Rajappan - $25.00 USD
Survey Tsunami Affected Areas
On 26th January 2005, a month after Tsunami tragedy - Rajinifans.com team visited the areas in and around ECR road till kalpakkam.
The team includes Nataraj, Tv.Rajesh, Sathyanarayanan (TCS), Tamizhvanan(TCS), Chandrasekar and SampathKumar.
These were the ground realities in Tsunami affected areas.
1. Govt has put its maximum effort to restore the normal life.
2. No fishermen is ready to start their work.
3. They are getting the help from various sources more than what they expected.
4. People are becoming lazy.
5. They sparing their time in playing cards, etc.,
6. No one, even interested in walk in shore side, Our team found the marks of body recovered from the sand..
7. Students started going to schools without any uniforms and by talking to them we came to know that uniform was not a issue at this situation.
8. The kids were very frank. They listed all the contributed materials, they have in their home . Thank god, the parents didn't teach them how to lie.
9. In the Muttukadu Relief camp, people really need one big steel / wood box to keep all their things.
10. Zee TV channel is in 24x7 duty covering all the happenings in ECR road.
11. While talking to a policeman in Muttukadu, we came to know that 1 bag (75 kg) rice is being sold from the relief camp for Rs.300/-
12. Good to see some young couples (lovers??) sparing their holidays with the kids like playing cricket, running, etc.,
Good to know that our people are coming to their normal life.
Rajinifans.com team spent almost 7 hours in this area. In Just 30 days the life has of the victims has restored. But we are sure that they won't start their work for the next few months as they have got what they really wanted in their home.
Narrated by Mr Nataraj
Evaluation of Tsunami Fund Distributions
As per the survey conducted by our Rajinifans task team, there is not much help we can provide to the Tsunami affected area or the people.
There are major issues which needs to be taken care of such as the building new home for homeless people, infrastructures, providing bussiness utilities, etc. All this needs huge sum of money and it should be handled by the Government.
Rajinifans have collected about Rs100,000 and this amount can be used only for simple things such as providing daily needs and retrofitting of minor damages. All this items have been already taken care by our public and the Government in the initial stage.
This one lakh is really a hard earned money and we cannot spend just like
that and take a snap. It should really reach the needy people.
We discussed about our Tsunami survey visit to Sathi sir and he gave his reply as smile and told us "that's what i told you earlier". Lot of meanings. We are very keen in spending the money in very useful manner. Sathi sir said a big "NO" in handing over the money to government as Thalaivar already gave 21 lakhs.
Sathi sir requested our Rajinifans.com to concentrate on Education side and to disburse the Tsunami funds to Tsunami affected area government schools such as computers, uniforms, books, school facilities, etc.
This suggestion was forwarded to the members of Rajinifans for their comments.
1st Year of Tsunami
26 December 2006, exactly one year before whereby the Tsunami have taken thousands of life from the world. On this day, Rajinifans team comprising of Nataraj, Ramki and Dharma from Singapore (Rajinifans' Auditor) and Sathi sir went to a couple of houses who lost their children during Tsunami.
Comments by Dharma :
"After meeting up with some families who lost their children I strongly believe that it is better to use the funds for purposes like education needs rather than handing over the funds directly to government missionaries though the purpose of collecting in the first place was for Tsunami. Ultimately, we need to ensure that the funds reaches deserving people and if we can achieve that objective through this proposed school donation then it is fine. I would leave it to the Admin as to the approval of members for this purposes"
On 6 January 2006, Nataraj, Senthil and Sathi Sir visited a government higher secondary school in Mahabalipuram. 25 students from class 8,9,10,11 were selected who all have scored more than 70% in last academic examintation.
Sathi asked the students to gather in the ground and he explained them about our group and our vision in helping the students for their education. We had a discussion with the school headmaster and the staff members. They felt very happy about our responsibilities in taking full care of ONE year needs for the above students. We spent almost 45 minutes there. A teacher for 12th standard approached for a timely help. She told her students are badly looking for Question Bank (with answers) for Biology, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. She explained this help would definitely improve their scoring level. After a instant discussion with Sathi and keeping the students future in mind, we said OK to the proposal. We should supply 12 copies of Question Bank for the above subjects for the said students. Sathi requested the headmaster to get back the Question bank books and keep it in library so that the next batch students will not face any problem in their forthcoming public exam.
Next, we visited Sri Krishna Govt. Higher Secondary School, Kadapakkam, Chennai (50 kms from Mahabalipuram toward pondy). 40 students from class 8,9,10,11 were selected who all scored more than 70% in last three academic years were selected.
We can say this school was a well maintained Government school having such a huge place the headmistress is maintaining a disciplined school atmosphere. Hats off to her. She praised our Group activities and she explained the school students inability in buying stationaries, uniforms due to Tsunami disaster. We met all the students and we shared our ideas in motivating the students.
Highlights of Sathi sir's Speech in both the schools.
* Rajini sir is not giving any money for these welfare activities.
* Its a group of Rajini fans with well educated team and they are doing this help to bring you (students) out from the Tsunami fever.
* Tell your parents not to worry about next ONE year for all your
* We will give you A to Z of your needs (The list has been collected
from the respective Head masters)
* All you have to do is come to school with neatly dressed and
concentrate only on studies.
* All I want from you is, a commitment of scoring 5 to 10 marks then what you are getting now.
* Spread this news from your friends and tell them to study well so
that some one will sponser like this in future.
* Tell your parents that this Rajini fans group has done this help.
* Include Rajini fans group friends in your prayers to give them good
health and wealth so that they will do this type welfare activities to
all the needy people.
* Be Sincere and get good name for your parents and yes of course to the schools you are studying now.
Stationaries that Rajinifans.com will sponsor for the 65 selected students from both the schools:
1. 2 sets of School Uniforms.
2. 15 Long Size note books.
3. Geometry box (brand : camlin)
4. 1 Ink Pen (brand : camlin)
5. 1 Ball point Pen (brand : camlin)
6. 1 Set of chappel / Shoe
7. A very good School bag.
8. Ink Bottle
9. Pen Box
10. 2 pencils.
Approximate Estimation : 1500 /- per student.
A boy from the students group addresses his fellow students like
"Friends, i am happy to see our Sir and other friends here, We should thank them like anything. Because, in this world everyone is running out of time. But this anna's are doing their level best to care ourselves too with their busy schedule and we should take them as a good example. We should thank them by scoring more marks in all our upcoming exams. We should grow like them. We should learn money like them. We should help the Poors students like them. In behalf of you I assure our anna's that We will be part of your team once our studies gets over. Thank you...."
Friends, beleive us or not, tears rolled out from my eyes... what an
emotional speech from that small boy... this is what we aimed for. I am sure this help will create a great impact in their future.
1. All these arrangements was done under the guidance of Sathi Sir. We should thank him for coming with us and spending the whole day to complete this pending work for a long time.
2. The prayers of Students will be always with the donors who
3. All the bills will be available for auditing purpose.
Our sincere thanks to everyone who contributed and the one who
participated directly / indirectly in this noble cause.
Narrated by : Nataraj