Box Office Flash 3 - Sivaji storm continues at boxoffice
& The Boss
Date : 22/06/07
It's almost one week since the
boss hit the screens and still in most of the theatres
the boss is continuously rocking. For eg in Pollachi,
the total population would be around somewhere 1.5 lakhs.
A simple arithmatic to understand the Power of Boss
In that small town, Sivaji is released in three theatres
and you know, the combined capacity of these theatres are
2500 seats. We heard that the occupancy is nearly 90-95
in weekdays from monday. This is called Phenomenon. By
end of the two weeks almost whole Pollachi would have
seen the Boss. 2500 x 4 shows = 10,000 seats per day.
10k and 14 = 140000. Like this in many areas of tamil
nadu the film is released in maximum theatres.
Ok...let's come to matter.
Sivaji rocking in Surat
Our group member Mr.Balamurugan called us and said that Sivaji is rocking in Surat too and
we requested him
whether he could arrange photographs of the same. He
spoke to Mr.P.Selvam, who is working in Surat and
immediately arranged the pics for ur delight. kindly
check those pics in the following link.
National channels promotion vs AVM
And we were shocked to see PTB's message on promotion. The
National channels' coverage on Sivaji release is not
done by AVM or insisted by them. AVM surely didn't
indulge in this kind of promotion. (We heard that AVM
even didn't arrange a tea-snacks party for press in this
whole 2 years of making Sivaji and how you expect that
they will do this?)
Many national channels they themselves arranged for the
release special coverage after seeing the terrific and
historical advance booking. And you know, the trp (viewership)
rate was record high for those channels when they
telecasted the advance booking carnival. The viewership
was high even in North India. So, they themselves
arranged for the same. Please roll back your words. Members
please take care while posting this kind of information
which adulterates the promo.
Don't miss - the
And hereby we again give complete list of box-office and
other record links. Please go through each and every link
carefully. Some may be repeated or you would have gone
through already. Ignore that and read rest. Don't miss
anything since they are GEMS.
For e.g the first link speaks - since Sivaji is a
phenomenal hit in Mumbai, bankrupt producers are now
planning to revive Superstar's old hindi films to cash
in on the trend. How is it?
1) Superstar's old hindi films are to revived and
2) Multiplexes under Sivaji grip, plan more shows -
3) 1,000 labourers to watch 'Sivaji' free in Dubai - the
4) Sivaji queue in UK; What's the fuss about?
5) What Bollywood thinks about Sivaji the boss? Indian
6) Sivaji and autodrivers - Desicritics (interesting and
7) Sivaji fetches Tax department 11 lakhs a day!! -
Times of India
8) Kolkatta is eagerly waiting to receive the boss -
9) Rajni can, I can't! - DNA India
10) Chicago Tribune
11) 'Rajni is the Emperor!' Big B pooh-poohs
comparisons of him and Southie legend.
12) Will Rajini marry this girl? - The Telegraph
Panchali willing, is Rajni? - Twist in Sivaji tale
prevents a model-superstar wedding
13) Wherever Jhoom goes, Sivaji chases it - Business
14) Rajnikanth turns down honor at IIFA
15) Sivaji - a complete analysis - Economic Times