Singapore : Sivaji The Boss FDFS Celebrations
Singapore has never seen such a big rush for advanced tickets for any Tamil Films and the distributor expressed his happiness to see the response.
* GV Yishun theatre is showing the movie in 3 screens and all the 3 screens are booked full till the 17th June and the bookings are still going on.
* Fans who have visted the GV Yishun has reported huge queues for the advanced booking. They had to wiat a minimum of 2.5 to 3 hours to get the tickets, which has never happened in thier knowledge in Singapore. This is the first time, something like this is happening. Check out the video coverage of the long queue!
* Hari has booked '135 tickets for the Singapore fans who have registered with us. He had booked at the Plaza theatre. Plaza is a huge theatre with around 1,200 to 1,500 capacity and we hope it will be filled soon. As of yesterday, each person who goes to Plaza and GV Yishun are booking anywhere in the range of 20-40 tickets per person.
* We plan to go for the FDFS at the Plaza on the 14th Night at 9pm show and as usual, only Plaza theatre in Singapore, you can shout and scream and dance and do all galatta like that happens in Tamilnadu.
* Shouting and screaming is not allowed at the GV screens, but the distributor has mentioned that he's worried about how to control the crowds. During the Chandramukhi screening, police had intervened to control the shoutings. And Sivaji is expected to have more punch dialogues and will be more stylish and more actions ... the crowd is surely going to create more problems by shouting and screaming and dancing. We expect to have more galatta at the GV Yishun this time, but the key pulse of the excitement is going to be at the Plaza theatre... when 1,000+ fans start to shout nad scream at the sametime. Something like this will never happen for any other heroes movies in Singapore!
* Tamil Murasu will be having two ads appear on the 15th June. One from the distributor and the other, on behalf of Rajinifans.com. This time, Rajinifans.com will have a quarter page ad that will appear on the 15th June and I am attaching the ad that we are placing on the Tamil Murasu herewith for you to see.
Amazing and unbelievable experience! Yes, you can catch this only for our Thalaivar film and if that film has the big names associated with the Tamil industry, like the Shankar's, like the AVM's, like the ARR's... well, the big surely will get BIGGER.
And that's exactly happened in Singapore, a tiny island in the South East Asia, where the total population is around 4 million. And the Indian population is around 7% of the total population.
The movie is released on 4 screens, 1 at Plaza and 3 screens at the GV Yishun. As you all are aware, Sivaji has seen one of the longest queues at the GV Yishun, which set a biggest record at advance booking itself.
And read this: 54 shows were sold out through advance booking!
You might be wrongly thinking that I am writing about the Chennai booking, but please allow me to correct you, that this is SINGAPORE!
And one has to see to believe the crowd on the FDFS on the 14th night at Plaza. The whole street wore a festive look. The cab driver was wondering what is happening over there and I told him that one of the most popular movie is releasing tonight.
He was wondering: "Wow, such a big crowd for a movie?".
I replied: "Yes"
He asked: "Do they have sub-titles?"
I replied in negative. And then, as a afterthought, asked him, why?
He smiled and said: "If yes, maybe I can watch the show and find out what's all about"
Oh well, I should have told him to wait for some more months and by that time Sivaji will release in Chinese language and he does not need to read the sub-titles then.
The feeling inside the theatre is something un-imaginable. 1,400 fans screaming, whistling and waiting eagerly from 8pm onwards, as the show is slated to start only on the 9th. I managed to have a small chat with Mahendra, the Manager of the Plaza theatre. He's busy giving out advance tickets, as the tickets for the FDFS was sold out!
By 8.30pm, the crowd whistling has gone crazy. And I was sitting with the local fans on the balcony and we realized that the Singapore Police has been asked to enter into the theatre, as the crowd is getting uncontrollable. Oh well, they also get a taste of the restless fans and after doing the routine questioning for nearly 30 minutes, the Police had left the place. Probably those Police guys have no idea why the fans are getting so restless to see their idol on the screen. In fact, they will never know, unless, they are born as an Indian or has remotely been attached to Tamilnadu and only then they will understand the craze behind the man, RajiniKanth.
As for the review of the movie, well friends, I have to watch the movie one more time to give you my thoughts on it. Till then, if you all have any questions: "Please be kind enough and sit at the OFFICE ROOM"
Singapore Special Correspondent!